AKRON, Ohio – The Summit County Tax Office reminds county dog owners that the deadline to purchase a dog license is Friday, January 31.
Owners who do not renew their license on time will be subject to a late fee of $18 per dog.
Dog licenses are required for all dogs three months and older, according to Ohio’s revised code. Residents can purchase a one-year license for $18, a three-year license for $54, and a permanent/lifetime license for $180. Kennel owner licenses cost $80.
Assistance dogs for people with disabilities may be eligible for an assistance dog license, which is free and valid for the lifetime of the animal.
“Maintaining a current dog license helps your pet get home quickly if they get lost or run away,” tax agent Kristen M. Scalise said in a press release. “When a resident finds a dog, they can enter their license plate number into our online database to locate their home. The database is easily accessible by cell phone, device or personal computer at http://FiscalOffice.summitoh.net.”
License registration forms can be downloaded and printed from the Tax administration website. Registration and payment may be submitted by mail or in person to the Summit County Tax Office, Department of Services, 1030 E. Tallmadge Ave., Akron, Ohio 44310. Online payments are subject to a nominal service fee through the service provider, Official Payments.
One-year licenses can also be purchased at the following locations ($0.75 processing fee will be charged by non-government vendors):
- Summit County Animal Control Division, 250 Opportunity Parkway, Akron, Ohio 44307
- Bath Veterinary Clinic, 1735 N. Cleveland Massillon Rd., Akron, Ohio 44333
- Camp Bow Wow, 1403 Main St., Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio 44221
- Copley Feed & Supply, 1468 S. Cleveland Massillon Rd., Copley, Ohio 44321
- Cuyahoga Falls BMV, 650 Graham Rd., Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio 44221
- Ellet Licensing Office, 2420 Wedgewood Drive, Tallmadge, Ohio 44312
- Fairlawn BMV, 2955 Market St., Fairlawn, Ohio 44333
- Hudson Hardware, 5824 Darrow Rd., Hudson, Ohio 44236
- Humane Society of Summit County, 7996 Darrow Rd., Unit 30, Twinsburg, Ohio 44087
- Northeast Ohio Automobile Dealers Association, 688 Wolf Ledges Parkway, Akron, Ohio 44311
- Northfield Licensing Office, 10333 Northfield Rd., Northfield, Ohio 44067
- One of a Kind Pet Rescue, 1929 W. Market St., Akron, Ohio 44313
- One of a Kind Pet Rescue Spay, 1700 W. Exchange St., Akron, Ohio 44313
- Pet Supplies Plus, 2789 W. Market St., Fairlawn, Ohio 44333
- Pet Supplies Plus, 3100 Manchester Rd., Akron, Ohio 44319
- Quick Clean Car & Pet Wash, 2500 Mayfair Rd., Akron, Ohio 44312
- Stow License Office, 3039 Graham Rd., Stow, Ohio 44224
- Summit County Titles Office – South, 3333 Massillon Rd., Suite 105, Akron, Ohio 44312
- Summit County Titles Office – West, 620 Ridgewood Crossing Drive, Fairlawn, Ohio 44333
- Swan Hardware, 787 S. Arlington St., Akron, Ohio 44306
For more information on dog licensing in Summit County, visit Tax administration website or call 330-630-7226.
Want more information about Akron? Sign up for the Rubber City Daily from cleveland.coma newsletter sent by e-mail at 5:30 am from Monday to Friday.