Dog order

Convicted cop shooter wanted for allegedly repeatedly violating DV court order

Convicted cop shooter wanted for allegedly repeatedly violating DV court order

A South Whidbey man with an ‘extraordinary criminal record’ is wanted on a $200,000 arrest warrant.

A South Whidbey man with an ‘extraordinary criminal record’ – including the 1991 murder of a police officer – is wanted on a $200,000 arrest warrant for repeatedly breaching a restraining order against domestic violence, according to court documents.

Aaron Leigh, 54, is described by the Island County Sheriff’s Office as a white male, 5-foot-11, weighing 195 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes. Anyone with information on his whereabouts can contact the Sheriff’s Office through the ICOM Dispatch Center at 360-679-9567 or by emailing

Leigh is charged with breaching a domestic violence no-contact order four times against the same victim, court records show. He eluded law enforcement and is associated with homes on Pilchuck Drive in Greenbank and Millman Road in Langley.

Leigh spent a few decades in prison for committing a series of serious crimes, according to court records.

In 1991, Leigh was a Seattle marijuana grower and was investigated for shooting another dealer from a car and participating in a brutal assault that left the man with a broken femur, according to the Seattle police report. A few days later, Leigh had a shootout with Seattle police. Leigh was a passenger in a car that undercover narcotics detectives stopped in the Greenwood neighborhood. He opened fire through the windshield and narrowly missed an officer.

A narcotics detective shot Leigh in self-defense, hitting him once, but the officer’s gun then jammed. Leigh shot him twice in the stomach and fled, but was quickly stopped.

Officers who searched Leigh’s home later found a “highly explosive pipe bomb” in her living room, the report said.

Leigh was convicted of two counts of first-degree assault and one count of second-degree assault in King County Superior Court and was sentenced to 22.5 years in prison.

After his release, he “rapidly reoffended” and was found guilty of two counts of illegal possession of a firearm, according to the prosecution’s request for the issuance of an arrest warrant. In that case, Tacoma police, who searched his home after a drug seizure, found approximately 2,000 oxycodone pills, three firearms, $29,000 in cash and two gold bars, according to an article. from KOMO from 2014.

He was sentenced to four years in prison in 2016.

Shortly after his second release, Leigh was convicted in King County Superior Court of spousal harassment. A Seattle judge issued a domestic violence no-contact order preventing him from contacting the victim, but the following year he was found guilty of violating the order.

Leigh then violated the order again in Island County and was charged in Island County District Court, according to court documents. He is believed to have violated the order again earlier this year, resulting in a felony charge being filed.

On January 21, a judge issued a $100,000 arrest warrant for Leigh, which was later reduced to $50,000 after he provided Langley with an address and a few people supported him in a hearing. He bailed out but then violated the court order a fourth time by assaulting the victim at a Greenbank residence, the prosecution alleges. The victim reported that Leigh punched him in the head, kicked him, threatened to “blow” his dog and choked him, according to a deputy’s report.

As a result, a judge ordered a $200,000 arrest warrant for Leigh.